This 3 hour class is an overview of electricity and how it works. WE trace the path of the electricity form the house meter through the entire structure. Topics covered include safety, National Electrical Code awareness, OSHA awareness, electrical panel service & common electrical device installation and troubleshooting.
At the completion of this class, students will be able to:
- Define common electrical terms
- Identify common uses of National Electrical Code
- Discuss and describe safe working techniques
- Describe common tests with a multimeter (voltage, amperage and ohms)
- Explain the difference between AC and DC power
- Describe the need for a circuit