This 3 hour class is to teach technicians the how’s and why’s of Heating Systems. It is designed to cover both
Electric and Gas controls and how they work on air handler type systems. Controls on other types of systems can
be discussed at the student’s request.
At the completion of this course the student can:
• Install a Lock out Tag out as necessary
• Follow safe working practices to perform common heating repairs
• Describe the operation of the standard Electric and Gas heating systems
• Identify and describe the operation of standard components of heating systems
• Understand problems associated with Natural Gas
• Describe the movement and use of electricity to control and run heating systems
• Understand the importance of preventative maintenance
• Describe and identify dangers associated with Carbon Monoxide
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be submitted to the CAA in writing five days prior to the course. Substitutions are accepted. No shows will be billed.