This 3 hour class is for students with some HVAC experience. This course covers practical use of the rules and regulations learned in EPA certification.
Please note: It is strongly recommended that students hold at least a Type II certification to attend this class. Many of the repairs that are discussed can only be performed by a Certified Technician.
At the end of this class, a student will be able to:
- Recognize and describe the use of common tools needed for refrigerant
- Describe the condition of the refrigerant as it goes through a system
- Connect and remove fittings to perform a de-minimus release
- Describe the procedure to recover refrigerant
- Identify the most common reasons for low charge
- Use a Superheat or Subcool Chart (provided) to determine proper charging of a unit