A symbol and logotype are visible and important parts of the graphic standards used by an organization to identify itself, its programs, and its services. Consistent and proper use of the Columbus Apartment Association’s (CAA) logos and name conveys a specific image that its members, the multifamily housing industry, and the general public carry in their minds. It is important that the CAA present one clear, consistent look to all of its audiences, since an effective logo is one that says something about an organization’s style, purpose and values. CAA members are invited and encouraged to display their designation by using the CAA logos and name on their business cards, stationery, literature, advertisements, and other forms of promotion and public relations. (However, they are not permitted to use the logos or name on any product, or to indicate that a product is endorsed by CAA.) This document provides guidelines for use of the CAA logos and name. CAA members must agree to abide by these Logo/Name Use Guidelines to use the mark. The CAA logos and name are protected under U.S. copyright law, and is owned by CAA. A member’s use of the logos and name is an agreement with CAA to use the name and logo artwork as provided in this document. The following general guidelines apply to all of CAA’s marks (which include CAA’s name as well as logo).
The attached CAA logos (Addendum 1 & 2) is the property of the Columbus Apartment Association (“CAA”) but may be used by CAA members in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth below. Use of the logos and name shall constitute consideration for, agreement to, and acceptance of the following terms and conditions of this license by the user: 1) The CAA logo and name is the sole and exclusive property of CAA. This logo and name may be used only by approved members, if and only if such use is made pursuant to the terms and conditions of this limited and revocable license. Any failure by a user to comply with the terms and conditions contained herein may result in the immediate revocation of this license, in addition to any other sanctions imposed by CAA. The interpretation and enforcement (or lack thereof) of these terms and conditions, and compliance therewith, shall be made by CAA in its sole discretion.
2) As set forth on the Addendum, the logos and name are made solely available to the approved members in good standing, in electronic form in the color black. The logos and name may never be associated with organizations that are not approved and currently in good standing with CAA. If a CAA member does not renew his/her membership after its oneyear duration, the participant must immediately cease all displays, reproductions, circulation, etc. of any materials containing the CAA logo or phrase Columbus Apartment Association.
3) The logos and name may not be revised or altered in any way, and must be displayed in the same form as produced by CAA.The logo in addendum 1 is a three color logo and must be printed that way. The logo in addendum 2 must be printed in black.
4) The logos name may be used in a professional manner on the user’s business cards, stationery, literature, advertisements, Web site, or in any other comparable manner to signify the user’s approved membership with the CAA.
5) Notwithstanding the foregoing, certain promotional materials have been designed by CAA for a consistent public image, such as outdoor signage and apparel. Members should not create such materials on their own by using the CAA logos or name.
6) In addition, the logos and name may not be used in any manner that, in the sole discretion of CAA: discredits CAA or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill; is false or misleading; violates the rights of others; violates any law, regulation or other public policy; or mischaracterizes the relationship between CAA and the user, including but not limited to any use of the logos and name that might be reasonably construed as an endorsement, approval, sponsorship, or certification by CAA of the user, the user’s business or organization, or the user’s products or services, or that might be reasonably construed as support or encouragement to purchase or utilize the user’s products or services.
7) Authorized organizations are responsible for their own use of the logos, as well as use by their representatives, such as employees, properties, ad agencies, implementation contractors, etc.
8) Use of the logos and name shall create no rights for users in or to the logos or their use beyond the terms and conditions of this limited and revocable license. The logos and name shall remain at all times the sole and exclusive intellectual property of CAA. CAA shall have the right, from time to time, to request samples of use of the logos and name from which it may determine compliance with these terms and conditions. Without further notice, CAA reserves the right to prohibit use of the logos and name if it determines, in its sole discretion, that a user’s logo or name usage, whether willful or negligent, is not in strict accordance with the terms and conditions of this license, otherwise could discredit CAA or tarnish its reputation and goodwill, or the user is not a CAA member in good standing.
9) If a CAA member becomes aware of an unapproved or inappropriate use of the logos or name (for example, former approved members who did not renew their membership and who thus may no longer display the CAA logos), they are requested to alert CAA to the unapproved or inappropriate use. CAA then will follow-up and address the misuse directly. CAA number is 614-488-2150.
The CAA actively monitors proper use of its logos and name. The following explains the general course of action for addressing logo and name violations:
1) Anyone who misuses the logos and name will be contacted in writing or by telephone.
2) A reasonable amount of time will be given to correct the error(s) per CAA’s discretion. The timeframe will be dependent upon the medium in which the violation appeared and the severity of the infraction. 3) Follow-up will be conducted to ensure that the error(s) has been corrected. Failure to make the required changes may result in termination of an organization’s participation with CAA and/or legal action. Any questions concerning use of the logos and name or the terms and conditions of this license should be directed to the CAA Executive Director.
Columbus Apartment Association 1225 Dublin Road, Suite 120 | Columbus, Ohio 43215 Phone: (614)-488-2115 | firstname.lastname@example.org | sitemap